Friday, October 26, 2007

tray magnifique

After all the unpacking this week, it's finally beginning to look like a livable space again. So, I snuck a quick, fun project in last night while watching a Resident Evil movie. (In prep of Halloween, of course. Plus, those zombies are no match against me and my glue gun.) I picked up an old breakfast tray during one of our early SD hunts, mainly to use as a comfy surface for my laptop. It was dingy and an awful bright yellow. I was able to spray paint it a clean, satin cream during one of my lazy afternoons and it just needed some finishing touches. I glued a striped ribbon around the edges and affixed new foam on the bottom surfaces. Et voila! Just in time to enjoy breakfast in bed on my last day of leisure: my fave matcha steeped with lemongrass and honey, which I got hooked on at Muzi in Vancouver and steel cut oats, which is ready when I wake up and is a perfect batch every time thanks to my fancy, new rice cooker. You can see the pile of books forming on my bedside table. The top is stacked with Last-Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts and Bend-the-Rules Sewing, fresh from the mail box this week.

No comments: