Sunday, September 6, 2009

lake poway with kojo

Something about weekends makes me wake up earlier than usual. Our original plan was to head out to a flea market, but scratched that for a lazy breakfast...until I pulled up the weekly ad for Tarjay and blurbed out that the PS3 was in stock. I don't know why I encourage B's hobbies (not that he needs any help from me to keep it going), but I saw it on the ad and off we were as early bird shoppers.

Since our next errand wasn't going to be until an hour and a half later, we brought our small collection of bread heels to Lake Poway to feed the ducks. The lake was misty because of the marine layer that blanketed the area earlier. (Made for a very humid morning. I hope relief is on its way for this heat we've been experiencing this summer.)

B made friends immediately with a statue of a mountain lion by the concessions stand who he named, Kojo.

We sat on the rocks by the water and fed the ducks. I was okay with this until the geese came by and stood right next to us. I'm not a fan of geese. Bay Area folks know of the aggressive ones at Stow Lake who attack people on the walkway. Those guys ruined it for all the geese for me. I made sure we threw the bread pieces far away to discourage them from sticking around. A family with a little boy and a bag of feed arrived at the beach area and the geese moved on to them. whew.

Home from our excursions, B set up the PS3 and played his game. Looked like all the other games he plays. I don't get it. Why did we need another console in the house?

No comments: