Monday, September 7, 2009

back 'n belly

I like when I can post about a sewing project. It's been months since I've touched the sewing machine.

A little while ago, I bought a back 'n belly pillow as a splurge to prepare for the days I'd need the support while sleeping. I ended up using it much earlier than expected 'cause it was so comfy. It feels like sleeping in a cloud of pillows. One thing I don't like about it is the pillow covering which came with it is hard and scratchy.

It's been so hot lately that I abandoned the pillow 'cause it was too hot to be blanketed by polyester fiberfill -- even with a fan blowing directly on me all night. Propping pillows around me has been the alternative, but it's doesn't do the job as well. Last night was the first night in weeks that we slept without a fan which means the pregger pillow will be back on the bed soon.

I spent the afternoon making a new pillow case for it. I bought the fabric shortly after the pillow arrived in the mail, but hadn't gotten around to it. By coincidence, it happens to have turquoise in the pattern which goes with a comforter cover I just picked up at Ikea the other week. I'm thinking my color choices might've been subliminally influenced by the little boy blue I've got kicking around in my belly.

Looking at the scraps on the ground, I realized I had enough fabric left over to make a woobie cover for B. bonus.

Next project of the day: avocado ice cream.
Another splurge since I'm going for the real deal, not froyo. All weekends should be long weekends.

No comments: