Saturday, August 15, 2009

oh right, the beach

I'm sure my MN friends got sick of me saying how much I missed the ocean during the years I lived in the Midwest. Yet, I've been living just up the hill from the beach for a while now and I have yet to go diving or surfing and have only gone boogie boarding once. It's days like yesterday that are a good reminder that, "oh yeah, I'm so close to the ocean. I should go to the beach more often!"

My brother's family is in town and it was a perfect reason to bail on work and spend the day in Del Mar. He and Ashton (Del Mar code name "Jeremy") spent some time on a surfboard until I was able to meet up with them with our boogie boards. Me and my "plus one" waded in the waves while Jeremy caught the whitewash on the bb. It was nice to be buoyant, but I couldn't resist jumping up and over the waves and had to resort back to the blanket after jostling the little one in the mini ocean inside me.

We met Nic for lunch a few blocks in town and I got to have my fave fish tacos at Pacifica Breeze Cafe. Yummy, chipotle sauce! I always associate this place with fish tacos and a cold beer, but this Beer Friday, I opted for an Arnold Palmer. In a few months, my hoppy beverage and I will be reunited.

The chill out vibe continued through the night with pizza and video game night at our place. Jeremy painstakingly strained fresh pureed raspberries and blackberries of seeds while everyone else started off a game of Boom Blox so that we were able to enjoy fresh very berry frozen yogurt a mere 25 minutes later. mmm. A healthier alternative to rocky road ice cream.

Bonus: Nic and I got fancy haircuts by Auntie Jenet in the kitchen/frozen yogurt shop/salon!

No comments: