Saturday, September 8, 2012

superheroes

Cole likes to sing and hum.  His tone is pretty good too.

Recently, we figured out that a little tune he's been humming is the beginning of the theme for Superman. For a while, Brian would say it's the Imperial margarine tune because it sounded like a perfect fifth.  I had to remind him that Cole has never heard that commercial because, um, he was born less than three years ago. Randomly, he'll ask to wear his Superman cape and grin in the mirror as he turns to try to see his back.

Every now and then, Cole will strum on the open guitar strings and sing the Spiderman song: "Spiderman, Spiderman. Friendly, neighborhood Spiderman. Catches people..." I love how he ad libs.

Another great diddy was, "Bob, the builder.  He likes ham!"

Cole was introduced to Captain America from the Avengers movie. I didn't think he noticed him, but he insisted on this costume when we saw it at Costco. I thought he would go for Spidey, but instead said to buy that for his pal,William.  What a thoughtful friend!

A couple of weeks ago, I had a mud mask on.  When Cole saw me, he asked, "Are you the Green Lantern, Mama?"  Of course, I was. If I was raising a little girl, I wonder if she would have asked if I was having a home spa treatment instead.


No comments: