Tuesday, September 11, 2012

fish sticks

This morning, Cole played in his room while I was preparing his lunch and getting ready for work. I heard lots of talking going on as he played with his friends.  Mostly, I heard singing.  Wonderful songs narrating what he was doing mixed in with words from Thomas' theme song, Twinkle Twinkle, and Hickory Dickory Dock.

Randomly, he'd yell from his room, "Mom, what are you doing?" "Making your lunch." "Oh, okay. Making my lunch."

Microwave beep.  "Mom, it's ready! Whatchoo makin'?" "Peas for your lunch." "Oh, okay. Peas."

Oven beep. "Mom, it's ready! Whatchoo makin'?" "Fish sticks." "Oh, fish sticks. I like fish sticks.  Can I eat them?"

Out from his room he emerges with Percy.  Turns out Percy is the one who wants to eat the fish sticks, not Cole. "Percy, you can have fish sticks for dinner.  These fish sticks are for Cole's lunch.  Okay?" "Okay."

Fortunately, Cole likes fish sticks too and he ate his lunch...except for the peas and, surprisingly, the cookie treat.

No comments: