Thursday, April 22, 2010

leaning over

This has been a big week for us.

We're tackling having Cole learn to sleep on his own. I thought I'd buckle the first night hearing him cry but, as others who have gone down this road have assured me, it's getting better (but not necessarily easier). For every minute he cries, I cry twice as long it seems. Tonight, after a short bedtime story and a few fussy cries to let me know he was sleepy, I set the little guy down in his crib. He stirred a couple of times, gave me one last wide-eyed glance, then tilted his head to the side and fell asleep. Hooray! Now, I don't have to cry myself to sleep either.

We've also introduced rice cereal to his menu. The first couple of times, most of the cereal ended up on the tray, him, or me. Once he got it though, he finishing all that was in his bowl. It still gets everywhere, but most of it does end up in his tummy. This morning, I pulled my laptop out of my bag and it was splattered with cereal from yesterday's meal time. I was so proud.

Earlier this week, Cole wanted to be upright more often. When propped up with his arms in front, he was able to hold himself up for a little while. Shortly, he would lean over, but was content with that position. He's getting the hang of it a little more and isn't tipping over as much.

Whew, lots going on. No wonder he fell asleep so easily.

No comments: