This year is passing so quickly and I've missed capturing so much of Colito's new discoveries and learned skills. This summer he's been really big on sharing information with his cousins. He doesn't quite get who or what cousins are, but it's given us a good segue into introducing names and faces of our family members through pictures and Facetime.
Fortunately, his actual cousins, Nic and Dio (honorary) spent some time with us on their road trip to their new home, New Orleans. We had a great time at Legoland, singing (video coming soon!), and swimming in the pool. We'll be sure to visit them once they're settled in and have some tasty beignets.
Some cute -isms from Coleseph (Nic's nickname for him. How many permutations of his name can we come up with?):
- If you ask him if he wants to go somewhere and he's on the iPad, you might receive the following response, "let me check my schedule". Typically, he's free for "two minutes"...according to his schedule.
- When asked if he's hungry for lunch or dinner, I often times hear, "Not really. Maybe next time."
- "I need a hug." He usually asks for this when he's having a Terrific (ahem!) Twos moment.
- Something I don't have the heart to correct because it's too cute -- he calls the Panda Puffs cereal "panda puffes". aaaw.
- "I got your spot!" is one of his favorite pranks he pulls on me and Brian when he jumps on the couch or on his bed.
Cole's laughter fills our house. This kids bellows when he's tickled, entertained, or just plain slap-happy.
You should hear him sing his favorite songs, especially the Mighty Machines theme song in a tough voice and "Thomas, he's the cheeky one."