Sunday, February 14, 2010

three months old

Last week, it seemed like he was ready to eat right after we finished cleaning up after his last meal. Then, on Thursday, I looked at him as I was dressing him and his face was fuller, as well as the rest of his body. I'm always surprised how much Cole's appearance changes after a growth spurt. I love squishing his drumstick legs!

He's a lot more mobile and alert these days too. He and I start our day with an exchange of smiles followed by a mother-son "chat". He knows exactly how to charm me. He usually has a lot to say, so I'm guessing he's telling me about his dreams from the night before. As his engines get revvin', he kicks and flails his arms for his morning calisthenics. He's especially active under the canopy of his jungle gym, watching his mobile in the crib, and even on his changing table where I taped some black and white images under the hutch shelf above it.

Cole's also found his hands which he stuffs into his mouth a lot. It's like dessert for him. As he continues to learn his skill to grasp things with his hands, his new pal, Sophie the giraffe, or burp cloth makes it into his mouth too.

No comments: